Kadri Manjunath Temple is located at the foot of Kadri Hills near Dharmasthala. It dates back to 1068 and is built in the Vijaynagar style of architecture.
The presiding deity is Shree Manjunath(Lord Shiva), in the form of Udbhava Linga, which is a natural stone slab found parallel to the level of the floor of the 'garbha griha'. An interesting aspect of the Linga is that any amount of water poured on it disappears immediately. The temple also has traces of Buddhist influence.
On the southern slot is the figure of
Matsyendranatha with his palms held one over the other on his folded right leg. The figure of Sringinathahas has a three-hooded serpent over its well-carved krita, which is ornamented with three tiers behind it. On the western side of the central slot is the figure of Gorakhanath, which is about 6 ft high. The sub-deities are Durgaparmeshwari, Ganapathi, Shastavee and Gomukha Ganpathi, Trilokeshwara, Vyasa Muni and Vishnu. There is also a tall wooden 'deepa sthamba' with a bronze covering.