Shivapura is a village located at Hangal Taluka in Mandya District
, 3 km from Maddur
. It is a famous historic spot, where on the 10th and 12th of April 1938, thousands of freedom fighters raised the Indian tricolor flag against the prohibitory order imposed by the British Government. In order to commemorate this event, a monument was erected there in due respect to those brave fighters.
Shivapura can be accessed from Mandya, located 23 km away.