Jwalapur is a small town situated near the holy city of Haridwar
. Jwalapur was merged along with Haridwar and Kankhal
to form Haridwar municipality in 1868. It lies on the bypass which leads to Haridwar from Kankhal.
Gurukul Kangri, situated here, is a university founded by the Arya Samaj revolutionary, Swamy Shraddanand. There is an archeological museum in the university which holds many ancient sculptures. Jwalapur also has some of the important shopping centers.
Jolly Grant Airport is the nearest airport and the closest railhead is Haridwar Junction Railway Station.