Dalhousie is a scenic British-built hill station which spreads over five low level hills at the western edge of Dhauladhar range. This famous hill station, 2039 m above sea level, lies in the Chamba District, Himachal Pradesh, to the east of the River Ravi.
Dalhousie is the gateway to the Chamba Valley, and was established in 1854 by the British governor-general Lord Dalhousie. The place is surrounded by alpine vegetation over an area of 14 sq km. The main attractions are Jandhri Ghat, Satdhara Springs which has great therapeutic value as it contains mica with medicinal properties; Subhash Baoli and St Francis Church.