Rajgarh, the district headquarters of Rajgarh District
, is situated between the Newaj and Parbati rivers. The town is about 145 km north-west of Bhopal
Founded in 1640, it served as the capital of the former Rajgarh princely state. Rajgarh princely state was part of Central India's Bhopal agency. Surrounded by a battlemented wall, the town is an agricultural market center. Grain and opium are the main articles of trade.
Shyamji Sanka Temple, the wildlife sancutary at
Narsinghgarh, Biora Mandu and Jalpamata Temple are the interesting spots worth visiting.
Nearest airport is at Bhopal. Nearest railhead is at
National Highway 12 passes through it.