Mahendragarh Fort is a prominent attraction of Mahendragarh
. It was built by Tantia Tope, a Maratha ruler of the 17th century. In 1861, Narinder Singh, the then ruler of the erstwhile princely state of Patiala, named the fort as Mahendragrah to honor his son Mohinder Singh. Hence the town Kanaud came to be known as Mahendragrah.
The fort can be easily accessed from Mahendragarh Bus Station and Mahendragarh Railway Station.