Dedicated to the 22nd Tirthankar
Shri Nemi Nathji, Luna Vashi Temple is situated at Mount Abu
in the Sirohi District
. It is one of the temples built in the Solanki style. The temple was established in 1230 AD by two brothers named Vastupal and Tejpal, both ministers of Viradhawala - a local ruler. The design and pattern of Luna Vashi Temple was adopted from the Vimal Vashi Temple.
The main hall of the temple, Rang mandap, has a central dome standing on 8 pillars from which hangs a big ornamental pendent with elaborate carvings. Inside the temple, there are 72 figures of Tirthankars in sitting posture and 360 small figures of Jain monks which are arranged in circular band. The temple has 39 cells, each of which contains one or more images. The elephant cell (hathishala), with 10 beautiful marble elephants, is the prime attraction. Behind the elephants, there are 10 slabs bearing a figure of male and female on it. A black marble idol of Neminath Bhagvan is present inside the gudh mandap. Another attraction of this temple is Kirthi Stambha - a big black stone pillar that stands on the left side of the temple.