Kanpur Memorial Church was built in 1875, in memory of the British soldiers who lost their lives in 1857 revolt. This Lombardic Gothic style imposing structure is situated at Kanpur, in Uttar Pradesh
The church is handsomely executed in bright red brick with polychrome dressings. There are several monuments to the mutiny, including several memorial tablets, inside the church. The Memorial Garden, situated in a separate enclosure to the east of the church, can be approached by two gateways. The garden features an exquisitely carved gothic screen and the beautiful carved figure of an angel with crossed arms, holding palons - symbol of peace.