Good Shepherd Church is situated behind the civil station at Kottayam
. Built in 1882, this is the first church of the Diocese of Vijayapuram. The church, constructed in Italian style, is an example of excellence in architectural beauty. It was further renovated in 1964.
The annual feast of St Sebastian and Good Shepherd are held here in the month January and April respectively.
The Church is about 2 km from Kottayam Railway Station.