Fort of Poonch is an impressive building located in Poonch, the administrative headquarters of Poonch District in Jammu and Kashmir. It is renowned for its architectural beauty. Poonch is 250 km north-west of Jammu.
Believed to have been built by Raja Adbul Razaq Khan in 1713, the present face of the fort was framed by Raja Moti Singh. The fort architecture has a strong influence of the Mughal edifices.
The central block of the building was added during Sikh rule and has a distinct influence of Sikh architectural style. A European architect was engaged by Raja Moti Singh to design the front block of the fort.
During the time of Raja Baldev Singh, the palace was shifted to Moti Mahal and the fort building was converted into a secretariat of the kingdom. After the accession of Jammu and Kashmir State into Indian Union the fort building was being used to accommodate various district offices.