Brahmadesam village is 4 km north of Ambasamudram
in Tirunelveli District
. It is famed for
, dedicated to Lord Shiva
. The village is named Brahmadesam, as the original deity in this temple, Badhari Vaneswara, was worshipped by Romasa Maharishi, the grand son of Lord Brahma
The Tamiraparani and Ghatna rivers are the lifeline of the village. Brahmadesam is also named as Chaturveda Mangalam or Brahmadayam because as it was gifted with Vedic scholars for chanting the four Vedas, during the reign of emperor Raja Raja Chola. This village was the taluk headquarters till 1850. It is believed that those who take bath in the River Ghatana and worship the
shivlingas here get purified from the sins.