Bangalore Military School is located at Richmond, Bangalore
. The school was formerly known as King George VI Royal Indian Military College and later as King George School. It was established in 1944. The school was restructured to form a residential public school for boys in September 1952.
The school is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and is run by Ministry of Defence, Government of India, New Delhi. Training is provided to prepare students for the All India Secondary School Examination and All India Senior School Certificate Examination. Defence-oriented learning is also provided for getting admission to the National Defence Academy. ‘Deepak’ is the name of the annual magazine published by the school.
The school campus extends to an area of about 74 acres. It houses an auditorium and a hospital. Hostel facility is also arranged for the students. Facilities for conducting various indoor and outdoor games including football, volleyball, basket-ball, cricket, boxing, athletics, gymnastics and hockey are also available in the school.