Anglo French Textile Limited was started in the year 1898, with the name Rodier Mill. At first it was started with the spinning and weaving departments manufacturing only grey fabric. Subsequently it became an integrated mill with automatic looms and process house. In the year 1986, Anglo French Textiles was taken over by the Pondicherry Textile Corporation, a
Government of Pondicherry Undertaking. Anglo French is at present one of the largest composite textile mills in India, supplying products mostly to export market in various forms as grey, bleached, dyed and printed fabrics.
The company celebrated its centenary in December 1998. It occupies a prominent position in the economy of Pondicherry providing direct employment to more than 4000 people. A large number of people are indirectly dependent on the mills.
The Company has been certified by the Bureau of Indian Standards as an ISO 9001-2000
Company and has also obtained ISI mark for the polyester blend suitings. The Company has two units at Mudaliarpet, another unit at Iyyankuttipalayam and Tailoring Units at Mettupalayam and Thattanchavady.