Aligarh is a small village in Farrukhabad District
lying on the left bank of the Ganges
. The Ramganga River
also has its course through this village. It lies quite close to Amritpur
and to the north of Fatehgarh
, the district administrative headquarters.
Fatehgarh, famous for its ancient fort built by Nawab Muhammad Khan about 1714, is the nearby place of historical significance.
Aligarh is accessible from Farrukhabad-Jalalabad state highway. Fatehgarh Railway Station and C A Kanpur Airport are the nearest connecting points.