Shahabad Fort is located about 80 km from Baran
. It was constructed by Chauhan Vanshi Dhandhel Rajput Mukutmani Dev in 1521.
Situated amidst dense forest area, on the high mountain ranges, in Baran District, the fort houses a Topkhana (artillery) and the Burudkhana Temple.
Surrounded by Kundakoh valley on two sides, the fort had 18 cannons earlier and one of them had a length of 19 ft. A pond and high mountains cover the other two sides.