Biranchi Narayan Temple, popularly known as ĎWooden Konarkí is an ancient shrine situated at Buguda
, about 92 km from Chhatrapur
, in Ganjam District
. It was built by King Srikar Bhanja in 1790.
The presiding deity here is Biranchi Narayan. The image of Lord Biranchi Narayan was recovered from the ruins of Malatigarh.
Biranchi Narayan Temple is built in the form of a chariot driven by seven horses. The temple is noted for its exquisite wood carvings and beautiful wall paintings.
Maghasaptami, Samba Dashami, Rath Yatra, Danda Yatra (April), Durga Puja and Kali Puja are the major festivals celebrated here.
There is a Jagannath Temple situated at the other end of the main road.
Biranchi Narayan Temple can be reached by good motor-able road from Berhampur.
Berhampur Railway Station is the nearest railhead (70 km).