Bolgatty Palace, located at Kochi
, is the oldest existing Dutch palace outside Holland. It was built by the Dutch
in 1744 and was later taken over by the British. The palace takes its name from the Bolgatty Island in the Kochi backwaters.
Situated on 15 acres of lush green lawns, the two-storied palace contains well-decorated bedchambers and a huge lounge with historical portraits. The palace has been converted into a hotel by Kerala Tourism Development Corporation (KTDC).
The palace can be accessed through ferry services from
Ernakulam and boats to the palace depart from the High Court Jetty. Country boats can also be hired near the Jetty.