Opened in 1908, Bhuri Singh Museum is a major landmark of Chamba
. It was named after Raja Bhuri Singh who ruled Chamba from 1904 to 1919. Formerly, it was the treasure house of Chamba's ruling family. A varied display of local arts and crafts can be found here. Each of these items reflects the original craftsmanship of the country.
The inscriptions in Sarda script and Kangra miniature paintings dating from the eighteenth century are among the distinct collections. The inscriptions highlight the mediaeval history of Chamba. Paintings depict court life and amorous scenes. Paintings portraying epic characters are also displayed.
In addition, elaborate hookahs are put on display. Another popular item is rumals, which are graced with scenes from myth and legendary. Other significant collectibles include coins, hill jewelry, costumes, musical instruments, drawings made by pahari painters and embroidery work done by household ladies.
The museum is open to visitors daily (except on Mondays) from 10:00 hrs to 17:00 hrs.