The tombs of Ahmed Shah and his queens are located outside of the east gate of the Jama Masjid
, to the south-west of Bhadra Fort
, in Ahmedabad
. It was constructed in 1442 after the death of Ahmed Shah, the founder of the city. Women are prohibited to visit the central chamber of the mosque. The tombs of the queens are situated on a raised platform across the street.