The fort of Alorna is in the taluk of
. The site is about 31 km from Panaji
. The fort that dates back to 17th century, was built by Bhonsales of Sawantwadi. Located on the banks of the
, the fort was built with the intention to defend against the Maratha attacks from the north. It was captured by the Portuguese in 1746 and later annexed in 1781. Two barracks remain as remnants of the defence mechanisms arranged in the fort.