Akhand Chandi Palace, undertaken by the Government of Himachal Pradesh
, now houses a Government College and a District Library. It was once the residential building of the Chamba ruling family, built by Raja Umed Singh around 1764 AD. The palace was later renovated during the reign of Raja Sham Singh with the help of British engineers. The Darbar Hall (Marshal Hall) was added during the renovation.
The palace has painted walls, glass works, ceiling and intricate woodwork which makes it beautiful. Akhand Chandi palace is the treasure house of the rich past of Chamba. The building also holds a museum which exhibits copper plates, murals, doorways, costumes, paintings and stone carvings.
From the palace one can have a great view of Laxmi Narayana Temple,
Chamunda Devi Temple,
Hari Rai Temple and
Bansi Gopal Temple. Chamba is 52 km from Dalhousie and can be reached by road.