Mhow, Military Headquarters of War, is one of the beautiful towns in central India and one of India's most prestigious military training establishments. It is about 25 km south-west of Indore
The military cantonment was founded in 1818 by Sir John Malcolm and is located in the Malwa Plateau. It was established as a result of the Treaty of Mandsour signed by the British Government and the erstwhile Holkar king. College of Combat, Infantry School and MCTE are the three institutions situated within the cantonment. This place is also considered as the birth place of Lord Parashuram.
Patal Pani Waterfall (5 km), Berchha Lake (8 km), Mandleshwar (70 km), Nakheri Dam (8 km) and Choral Dam (12 km) are some of the sites worth visiting. Chaaki wale Mahadev, Paatal Hanuman and Kaali Mata temple are the three significant temples in the town.
Nearest airport is at Indore. Mhow Railway Station is on the Khandwa-Indore line. National Highway 3 has its route through Mhow.