Colvale is a quaint, languorous village, located in Bardez taluk in Goa
. The River Chapora that flows through the village adds to its beauty. The Colvale Bridge across the river connects Pernem
. There is a fortress, Forto Novo, that separates Colvale from
. The Colvale fort
in the village was constructed by the Portuguese in 1543. The village contains a church, the Church of Colvale. The place once abounded with temples. The Ram Mandir at Tari Vaddo and Datta Mandir at Chikalim are the two temples that have survived the test of time.