Colva is the oldest and largest of South Goa beaches. It is situated about 6 km west of Margao. Swaying coconut palms and soft white sands are the major attractions of this beach. The Menino Jesus statue at the local Church of Our Lady of Mercy founded in 1630 is the nearby attraction.
Colva used to be a village housing a fishing community. Lately, it has undergone drastic changes to become the main hub of tourism in Goa. The tourist can enjoy the beauty of the sea in quiet solitude here. There are several hotels near the beach that offer comfortable accommodation.