Cabo de Rama is situated on the southern coast of Goa
. Beauty, solitude, uniqueness and well-planned features are the main attractions of Cabo. It is a stretch of land projecting into the sea at the south end of Colva bay. The place got its name from the hero of the Hindu epic, the Ramayana
. The fort has an imposing appearance and offers an excellent view of Colva beach
and sand-splashed coast of Canacona
. In 1763 the fort came under Portuguese
control. Later, the British army captured it. The fort housed prisoners until 1955. Only thing that remains there is a small government post. Within the walls of the fort there is a small church.