Built in the 1820's, St Stevens Church is one of Ooty
ís first colonial structures. The church was built on the site of a Toda temple. The wood used for the construction was brought from Tipu Sultan
's palace at Srirangapatnam. A cemetery attached to the church contains the grave of Mr John Sullivan (the first collector) and other pioneers of Ooty.