Built around AD 1584 by Hyder Khan, Upri Buruj is an 80 ft high tower standing to the north of Dakhani Idgah in Bijapur
. This is a spherical structure with stone steps winding round the outside. It is equipped with old war materials, guns, powder chambers and water cisterns. Top of the tower offers a commanding view of the city.