Tomb of Itibar Khan is a graceful building situated on the north-western outskirts of Agra
in Uttar Pradesh
. Because of the external twelve pillars on the upper pavilion, the tomb is popularly known as Barah-Khambha. The word 'Barah' means 'twelve'.
Built in 1610, it was once a massive complex with a mosque in the south, a vast reservoir (Guru-ka-Tal) in the west, and a series of wells in the east. These days the mosque is left only.
The building has a tibara-dalan (3-arched cloister) in the middle of the eastern, western and northern side of the ground floor and a small red sandstone gateway on the southern side. The central hall of the tomb consists of the square mausoleum of Itibar Khan, which is entered through this sandstone gateway.