Accredited by NAAC with B++
grade, The Zamorin's Guruvayoorappan College is situated on the lovely hillock of Pokkunnu
, 8 km east of Kozhikode
. It was established in 1877 as an English school by Manavikraman Maharaja Bahadur, the Zamorin
of Kozhikode. In 1981, the college acquired its present name 'The Zamorin's Guruvayurappan College'.
Affiliated to the University of Calicut, the college offers under-graduate and post-graduate courses in humanities, science and social science. The salient features include computer center, career guidance center, hostel facilities for women, well equipped laboratory and library. Canteen, co-operative store, bank, post office and student center for women are the added facilities.
Apart from studies, students are encouraged to take part in extra-curricular and co-curricular activities. The college hosts an army wing of NCC (National Cadet Corps) along with two units of NSS (National Service Scheme). As per Compulsory Social Service (CSS), an innovative program of the university, it is mandatory for all under-graduate students to participate in social activities during specified number of hours in and around the campus.