Situated at Kottar
, St Xavier's Church is a church of historical importance. The church was built by St Xavier who was popularly known as 'Valiya Pandaram.' Acknowleding his excellent role in averting the invasion of Padagas on the people of Venad, the King allotted a land to him for the purpose of constructing a church. Thus the church was built here in the 15th century. By 1865 the church was enlarged and in 1930, the church assumed the status of a cathedral. The church celebrates a festival lasting for 10 days during November–December.
The church is 16 km from Kanyakumari.