Located about 3 km from Haridwar
, between the pilgrimage places of Jwalapur
, the Shri Prem Nagar Ashram is a spiritual retreat founded by Shri Hans Ji Maharaj in 1944. Set between the sacred river Ganges
and the foothills of the Himalayas
, it is an ideal spot for meditation and other spiritual practices.
The ashram conducts public satsang on every Sundays. Its hall can accommodate 5000 people at a time and is adorned with portraits of past saints and masters and quotations from the saints and scriptures of all religions. There is a life-size portrait of Shri Hans Ji Maharaj at the western end of the hall. After Shri Maharaj Ji left his mortal body in July 1966, Shri Mata Ji took over the management of the Ashram. Another hall, Govardhan Hall, which can house around 50,000 people is also being constructed.
The ashram proposes to build an octagonal-shaped temple on the site of Shri Hans Ji Maharaj's cremation, to house both the statue of Shri Hans Ji Maharaj and that of Shri Mata Ji.
The ashram has four residential units with one thousand rooms for accommodation. Its ayurvedic pharmacy produces a range of natural medicines and tonics from pure herbal ingredients according to ancient Vedic recipes.