Shri Gomanteshwar Temple is located at Brahmapur near Ela in 41284Old Goa. This temple of Lord Shiva
, under the name of Gomanteshwar or Goveshwar, is believed to be built by Madhava Mantri, the minister of the Vijayanagar Empire
. The temple tank is named after him as Madhava Tirtha.
The temple was originally built in the 14th century. The Portuguese destroyed the temple and built a church in the 16th century. The temple was then re-built in 1947. The present temple is a simple structure with tiled roof.
Mahashivratri is celebrated with much religious fervor. The village is connected by a kuchcha road from Old Goa.