Ashram propagates the philosophy of Shri Aurobindo, a modern Indian philosopher, freedom fighter and author. The Ashram, located on the
was inaugurated on 12th February 1956, with the blessings of the Mother, the closest associate of Shri Aurobindo. The Ashram has a meditation hall, library, health centre and a book publishing centre. Spiritual and devotional congregations are organized in the meditation hall. This hall is an ideal place for devotees who would like to meditate by themselves. During the birth anniversary celebrations of Shri Aurobindo and the Mother, lectures are organized in the Ashram premises. The Ashram also conducts various medical camps and study camps periodically. The Mother's International School is attached to the Ashram. The Ashram also provides accommodation for devotees.