Lakshminarayana Raghupati Temple is located at the northern end of the Vypeen Island
in Ernakulam District
. The temple was built around 1877 but the installation of the deity was held only in 1881. The presiding deities are Lakshmi Narayana and Raghupati. Balakrishna and Hanuman
are other deities enshrined in the temple.
The temple primarily belonged to the Koudinya Gotra Kamat family of Vypeen who were traditionally Ayurveda practitioners. The management of the temple with its properties was handed over to Kashi Mutt in 1980. The renovation work of the temple was done as ordained by Srimat Sudheendra Teertha Swamiji and the reinstallation of the deity was conducted in the year 1991. There is a community Hall, known as Bhuvanendra Kalamandir in the temple premises. The annual festival of the temple falls in the month of Magha (January – February), and lasts for 5 days.
The Forane church of Lady of Snow, Cherai beach and Pallippuram Fort are nearby tourist destinations.
By road, many buses ply along Vypeen – Ernakulam route. Vypeen is connected by ferry with
Fort Kochi and Ernakulam. The nearest airport is in Kochi.