Saint Augustine Tower is the only ruin of the Church of St Augustine that once stood on a holy hill at Old Goa
. This lofty 46 m high bell-tower was built in 1602 by the Augustinian Friars. The bell is now at the Church of Our Lady of Immaculate Conception
) and functioning even today.
Due to the repressing policies of Portuguese, St Augustine Church was abandoned in the 19th century. The facade and half of the tower collapsed in 1931. Some more parts of it fell in 1938. The leftovers are covered by weeds and creepers, which make the access to this place difficult.