The oldest brick temple located in Bishnupur
, Ras Mancha stands out from the rest for its structure and it is the only temple of its kind in the whole country. It was built by Bir Hambir in AD 1587.
A magnificent red brick building, it has only a single chamber, the sanctum sanctorum, with an elongated tower, surrounded by hut shaped turrets. A passageway surrounds it and some large cannons found here dates back to the Malla period. It was built to host an annual festival where idols, brought from all over the kingdom, were displayed under the arches.
Ras Mancha is a protected monument today and no longer a temple. The popular festival has been shifted to grounds near a Durga temple.