Sited in Varanasi
, Raja Ghat was a famous ferry ghat during the 19th century. Later a bridge was built here by Lord Duffrin, and it was named Malaviya Bridge in 1948, after Madan Mohan Malaviya
, the founder of
Banaras Hindu University
The Gahadavala inscriptions of the 10th century state the glory of the ghat. There are four water-teerthams associated with this ghat, such as Sankhya, Uddalaka, Hayagriva and Nilagriva.