Patna Secretariat is a mighty Victorian construction located to the east of the Raj Bhavan in Patna
. Built by the British, it was completed in 1917.
One of the magnificent buildings in the capital city, the Patna Secretariat is noted for its architectural splendor. It measures 716 ft X 356 ft in area. A four feet gap left between the concrete ceiling and the outer covering of Raniganj tiles ensures a reasonable temperature in the interiors during the summer months. Speaker's room and the Chief Minister's chamber are near the main entrance.
A bronze statue of Srikrishna Sinha - the first Chief Minister of Bihar, is in the western side of the lawn.