Pandua, an ancient capital of Bengal, is at a distance of 18 km north of Malda
in West Bengal
. The old name of Pandua was Pandunagar, believed to have been ruled by the Pandavas
Pandua possesses remains of historic monuments. The prominent attraction is the Adina Mosque
built by Sikandar Shah around 1370. It is one of the largest mosques in India and has 378 small domes. The Eklakhi Mosque
, Badi Dargah, Choti Dargah, Qutubshahi Masjid Danuj Dighi, and Satashgarh Dighi are other important places to visit.
There are frequent bus services towards north Bengal through Pandua. The nearest railway station is at Howrah.