The village of Nagoa is also known as 'Nagvem'. The word 'Nag' originated from the name of a deity, Nageswar, a beloved divinity who had been worshipped in the village. The village is one of the coastal hamlets of North Goa District
. The church of Holy Trinity built by the Franciscan missionaries in 1560 is worth a view in this place. An annual feast is celebrated here with great pomp in the month of November. A notable feature of this village is 'dovornem', a raised masonry platform, where the villagers used to take rest.