Asia's first exclusive museum of Christian Art, the Museum of Christian Art was opened at the Rachol Seminary
on the 24th January, 1994. The seminary, built by the Portuguese
in 1675, is situated on the Margao
road, about 7 km east of Margao.
The museum was set up by the Indian National Trust for Architecture and Cultural Heritage, and the Gulbenkian Foundation of Portugal. Local Hindu artists prepare the sacred art objects of Christian traditions, which make this museum an odd among others.
The museum has a rare collection of textiles, silver and articles, which once used in the churches of the state. It is open on all days from 09:00 hrs to 17:00 hrs, except on Mondays.