Kottayam Valiyapally is a Knanaya Orthodox Syrian Community Church, built in 1550 by the migrants from Jerusalem under the leadership of Kana Thoma. The church is situated about 2 km west of Kottayam
, on the banks of Meenachil River
This church is also famous for the two granite crosses, known as Persian crosses. On each of the stone slabs there is a cross with an inscription in the Pahalavi language, the official language of the Sassanian dynasty in Persia.
The cross on the Southern Altar resembles the one at St Thomas Mount Church, Chennai. There are rare antique carvings and mural paintings behind the main altar and on the ceiling of the church.