Kaliadeh Palace, a water palace of Mandu sultans, is located on an island in the Shipra River
. It is about 8 km north of Ujjain
in Madhya Pradesh
Constructed in AD 1458, the palace was demolished at the time of the Pindaris and was restored together with an ancient sun temple (located nearby) by Madhav Rao Scindia in 1920. The bridge to the island uses carvings from the sun temple.
The water of the Shipra River is deflected over the stone screens in the palace. The central arena of the palace is a fine example of the Persian architecture.
Nearest railhead is Ujjain Junction Railway Station and airport is Devi Ahilya Bai Holeker Airport. Buses to the Kaliadeh Palace can be accessed from Ujjain Bus Station.