Kaladgi is located in Bagalkot District
and is about 24 km west of Bagalkot
The place gained importance during the British rule. Ideal for movement of troops, Kaladgi served as the district headquarters in 1864. Later, in 1884, the headquarters got shifted to Bijapur. Located on the southern bank of Ghataprabha River, Kaladgi was a point of interest for archeologists from 1960 to 1980.
A temple of Basavanna built from Shellikeri black stone is a major draw. Many old buildings and tombs of the British Raj are also found here. The place is also known for its fruit gardens.
Kerkalmatti and Logapur are the nearby towns.
Belgaum Airport is 100 km west and Hubli Airport is 101 km south-west. The closest railhead is Bagalkot Railway Station. State Highway 20 has its route through Kaladgi.