Kaiserbagh Palace Complex, built between 1848 and 1850, is located in Lucknow
of Uttar Pradesh
. It was constructed by Nawab Wajid Ali Shah, who ruled from 1847 to 1856. The palace is remarkable for its architecture, but some of its portion is in ruined state followed by the attack of British in 1858.
The palace includes ionic columns, balustrades, Moorish minarets, Hindu umbrellas, pediments and lanterns. A white stone edifice named Baradari, which was earlier covered with silver, can be found in the center. Gilt crowns, Mughal-style pavilion and European-style statues add to the beauty.
The tombs of Nawaab Saadat Ali and his wife are on the northern terrace of the Kaiserbagh courtyard. There are yellow buildings on the three sides of the quadrangle, which were the quarters of the ladies of the palace. These buildings are now the property of Taluqdars.