Sited on the eastern end of the Kanpur
city, the mound of Jajmau is a site providing substantiation of ancient civilization. Known as Siddhapuri in ancient times, it is thought to have been the kingdom of
, one of the ancestors of the Pandavas
The excavation made here during 1957-'58 revealed numerous antiquities that date back to the periods between 600 BC and AD 1600.
Presently, Jajmau enshrines the temples of Siddhnath and Siddha Devi, the mausoleum of Makhdum Shah Ala-ul-Haq - a famous Sufi saint - and a mosque built by Kulich Khan in 1679.