Built by Rev Rhenius in 1826, Holy Trinity Cathedral is an elegant Church located at Palayamkottai
in Tirunelveli District
. It is an oblong building measuring 64 x 30 ft. In 1845, a tall stately steeple of 158 feet was added by Rev. Pettilt. This tower has led the church to become a noted landmark in the district.
Another specialty of the church is a bell installed in 1850, which was imported from England. The clock set during the same period is still in working condition.
In 1940, Bishop Stephen Nellai raised the status of the church as a Holy Trinity Cathedral. The Cathedral plays a vital role in spiritual uplift of the people along with the material uplift of providing education, distributing free food and clothing and helping them to construct their houses.
Regular buses are available from Tirunelveli.