The High Court of Patna is situated on the Bailey Road at Patna
. The High Court building is a major landmark in the state. The foundation stone of the building was laid by His Excellency, the late Viceroy and Governor-General of India, Lord Hardinge of Penshurst, on 1st December, 1913. It was officially opened on the 3rd of February, 1916, by the same viceroy, and commenced work from 1st March, 1916. Nearby attractions include the Zoo and Botanical Garden and the Chief Minister's House.