Government Ayurveda College, Thiruvananthapuram
, is a premier institution teaching the ancient science of Ayurveda
. A hospital is also attached to the college. Affiliated to University of Kerala
, it was established in 1889 during the reign of the erstwhile ruler Shri Moolam Thirunal. Originally known by the name Kashayappura, it initially offered training to an annual batch of 15 students.
In 1910, the Government Ayurveda College started a 5-year regular medical course offering Higher Medical Certificate. This certificate course was later named Vaidyakalanidhi. The college now offers graduate and post-graduate courses.
The campus houses an out-patient counter and pharmacy for the general public. There is a library containing a good collection of books and periodicals.
The college is conveniently located on the M G Road, near the Thiruvananthapuram Central Bus Station and Thiruvananthapuram Central Railway Station.