Gargaon Palace is the focal point of Gargaon the principal town of the Ahom kings. Located 13 km east of Sibsagar, Gargaon Palace was built by the king Suklemnung in 1540. The present seven-storied structure was rebuilt by King Rajeswar Singha in 1762. It has several underground storeys and passages, which were blocked by the East India Company. The prime attraction within the palace is the magazine made of bricks. Besides, two old stone bridges erected by King Gadadhar Singh can be seen on the eastern side of the palace.